Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Procrastinating Leads To This......

Today's word is "Cal•li•pyg•ian."

Pronunciation: "ka-l&-'pi-j(E-)&nVariant(s): also cal•li•py•gous /-'pI-g&s/
Function: adjective
Etymology: Greek kallipygos, from kalli- + pygE buttocks: having shapely buttocks.

Trying to avoid doing something I really don't want to do but have to do anyway, I glanced at an MSN article about Cameron Diaz's current concerns about the new romantic interest of her former flame, Justin Timberlake (about both of whom I normally would care nothing).

Apparently, Le Timberlake has the hots for Jessica Biel (?no idea who she is), who has been described as callipygian. Procrastinator that I am, I had to look up the word, since I'd never heard or seen it before, and voila! a new vocabulary word that I probably will never in my life have occasion to use.

No comments: