Thursday, March 15, 2007

Housekeeping

It's amazing what you find when you're cleaning things out. I was going through some old emails, trying to diminish the amount of space I was using on the webmail server, and I found a column I'd saved from the Our Daily Bread website back in October of 2003.

In "Been Thinking," Matt DeHaan wrote this about trust:

"Sometimes it helps to break the journey down into small steps. Jesus encouraged us not to worry about tomorrow since today has enough of its own problems (Matthew 6:34). In the weakness of turbulent and unsteady emotions we may need to settle for short steps, the wisdom of the moment (James 1:6), and the present reassurance of the one who says, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you' (Hebrews 13:5)."

It was helpful then, and it's helpful now.

No comments: