Monday, April 16, 2007

Monday's Report Card

I took the weekend off - entirely and completely off. I didn't go in to the office at all. I didn't even go to church (which I missed....). Instead, I SLEPT in on Saturday morning - woke up at maybe midnight to let the dog out, and then again at about 4:30 a.m. (same reason), and then went back to sleep until 10:15 a.m. :) I also slept in until about 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, although I didn't feel as refreshed after that as I had on Saturday.

I also did the good things I'm supposed to do: I paid bills and balanced my checkbook. I organized my entryway closet (the bottom half - I had 8 pairs of shoes and boots underneath 2 vacuum cleaners..... don't ask) in anticipation of an upcoming home improvement project: I'm going to put real ceramic tile in my entryway! TA-DAA!! (Please hold your applause until AFTER the project is successfully completed).

To do this, I will need to purchase a hand-tile-cutter. I know there are power tile saws. I do not use any power saw while I live alone, because I am afraid that I will cut off a body part and bleed to death before anyone can help me. I am that clutzy with power tools. I think I can manage a hand tool like that, though. Plus, for such a small area that has relatively few cuts to make, a hand tile saw is enough. It's not like I'm tiling my bathroom and need to make lots of teensy cuts so I can put tile around a round object (like the base of a toilet). That will be time for professional intervention in the form of my next-door neighbor's brother.

That is project one on my list for this year. Project two is to replace the bathroom sink/vanity in the downstairs powder room - which should be interesting, since the bathroom itself is VERY tiny. The existing vanity is 29.5" tall, 24" wide, and 16.5" deep, which will make it fun to find a sink/vanity that will fit. I might have to go with a pedestal sink, but if I did that, I wouldn't have any storage in there. (Sigh!)

You notice, I'm putting off the basement for as long as possible..... In my own defense, I did get the paperwork organized and put into a nifty little file cabinet that I found at Office Depot for a mere $18. It is MDF, which I abhor, but it goes with the other stuff I have down there, which made it cheaper than the entire area remodel I was contemplating before. As I now have a pile of things to shred and/or throw away that is about two and a half feet tall, I now have to think about shredding.

One thing always leads to another. That's why there are things like spring cleaning and fall cleaning - so all of this stuff doesn't gang up on you unawares!!

No comments: