Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Category: Slut Songs

OK, don't ask me why this whole subject is even going through my head, but did you ever listen to the lyrics of songs and think, "what were they thinking?"

I give you, Category: Slut Songs. Today's entry: "All I Want To Do Is Make Love To You," by Heart.

Look at the lyrics - this woman is married to... OK, she's in love with one man, and she seeks out some random stranger with whom to have sex so that she can have a baby... THAT SHE CAN RAISE WITH THE OTHER MAN. She tells the stranger not to try to find her - he'll live in her memory 4ever!

How is that a romantic song?

And what about that duet with Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow? They're apart for "three d*** nights," and already they are both in bed with other people? AND STILL PINING FOR THE ONE WHOSE PICTURE THEY PUT AWAY!!

If you know others, please share. I know I've heard other songs and thought the same thing, but I can't think of them right know. If I can remember them, I will post them. If not, maybe tomorrow's category will be "Slacker Songs." Sheryl Crow comes to mind for that one, too..... :)


UPDATE:

The discussion about Kid Rock reminded me of another "slut song" - his little "Follow Me" is a classic "slut song": "I'm not worried about that ring you wear 'cause as long as no one knows then nobody can care?" YIKES!!

No comments: